We’re Ookla, the team behind Speedtest. We’re passionate about making the internet better and faster for everyone through free internet performance testing. We believe the more information people have about their internet performance, the better they can advocate for speed and service improvements. Every day, millions of people use our services to check their broadband and mobile data performance. This generates an incredible amount of data that ISPs, Mobile Carriers, and Governments rely on to make business critical decisions. We license this data through Speedtest Intelligence, a business intelligence product consisting of raw and aggregated data.
We are looking for an independent, hands-on, Product Manager to help us manage the day-to-day operations related our Speedtest Consumer products. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Speedtest apps, web browser test, and other related products are kept on track and released at a regular cadence. Experience in agile product development, including sprint planning and taking on scrum master functions, will be an integral aspect of this position.
As a Product Manager, you will need to be exceptionally flexible and have a demonstrated ability to solve complex technical and business challenges. The ideal candidate will possess an uncanny ability to multi-task and independently prioritize their time to maximize business and customer benefit. They will be able to interact effectively across a wide range of functional roles and problem spaces, and will possess tremendous attention to detail. They will be able to work in an extremely fast paced, highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people across multiple geographies.
- Work with Sales and Support, Data Engineering and Product teams to ensure that improvements to the consumer product are captured and implemented
- Manage the process for collecting feedback related to consumer product improvements
- Manage all client-facing documentation related to consumer product
- Manage internal and external communication regarding consumer product
- Manage QA task like release validation, bug filing, bug triage, etc.
- Post-release monitoring
- Monitor feedback related to consumer products and answer occasional support tickets from Speedtest users
- Backlog management, sprint/release management, requirements refinement
- Other special or small projects as needed
- At least 3 years of previous program management or product management experience; especially experience with consumer web and mobile application products
- Experience working in an agile development environment, especially in product owner or scrum master roles
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Jira or other development/project management software a plus
Ookla has great benefits including competitive compensation, medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family, a generous vacation and holiday plan, stand out maternity/paternity leave and more. We also provide the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!