Ookla, the company behind Speedtest, is a small team of passionate individuals who have turned a clever idea into a thriving business, and have gained invaluable insight into the state of the Internet on a truly global scale. Every day, over 5 million people use our services to check their broadband and mobile data performance. This generates an incredible amount of data that ISPs, Carriers and Governments rely on to make business critical decisions. If you are looking to join a small, nimble company, with global reach that is recognized as the industry benchmark worldwide, then Ookla might be the company for you
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to focus on our Mosaik products. Mosaik was acquired by Ookla in 2018 and boasts a globally expansive database of mobile coverage data and network intelligence that is now available through Ookla’s enterprise solutions. This person will work directly with our customers providing support as they use our products and services. As a Solutions Engineer, you will partner with sales and other internal teams to ensure all customer technical needs are met. You will need to to have demonstrated ability to solve a wide range of complex technical challenges.
If you consider yourself to be a strong technologist that is motivated by opportunities to solve unique and challenging problems, if you have a strong desire to directly enable customer success, and if you want to work for a rapidly growing company that needs leaders instead of followers, this might be the place for you.
- Works in conjunction with sales team to identify and develop client solutions
- Serve as primary PoC for troubleshooting, demos, training, solution requests and sales support
- Deliver solution presentations and demonstrations
- Train and educate clients, prospects and sales team via web conference, email, in- person meetings or phone
- Respond to incoming requests regarding product and technical questions.
- Improve work flows and documentation for sales process
- Handle post-sale technical support
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of GIS and/or Telecommunications
- Exceptional customer focus and bias for action
- Strong technical problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience with data analytics, including applications like Tableau and advanced Excel functions. SQL skills are a plus
- Experience visualizing big data to demonstrate value and quality to customers
- Familiarity with internet, cellular and broadband technology and infrastructure
- Experience with RAN/RF is a nice to have, but not all products deal with it
- Self-motivated with a track record of appropriate urgency and follow-through
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with both clients and internal audiences, able to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge and expertise with Ookla’s product offerings, including our licensing, data, and awards, or experience with similar technology-based product offerings
- Ability to travel minimally to meet and connect with existing clients, and to attend Ookla corporate and team functions
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see/understand the big picture
- Global business experience a plus, with special focus on supporting the needs of an international customer base
- Technical Program or Project Management experience a plus
- Multilingual applicants a plus
Ookla prides themselves on company perks and benefits, both practical and unconventional. We offer top-of-market compensation, flexible schedules, transit passes, on- and off-site happy hours, team activities, provided lunch on Wednesdays and consistently stocked snacks in the office. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes 401(k) matching, paid vacation and sick time, personal days, ESPP options, health/dental insurance coverage and a stand-out parental leave. We also provide the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work.