DescriptionOokla, the company behind Speedtest, is a small team of passionate individuals who have turned a clever idea into a thriving business, and have gained invaluable insight into the state of the Internet on a truly global scale. Every day, millions of people use our services to check their broadband and mobile data performance. This generates an incredible amount of data that ISPs, Carriers and Governments rely on to make business critical decisions. We are looking for an Account Manager to focus on our Mosaik products. Mosaik, acquired by Ookla in 2018, has a globally expansive database of mobile coverage data and network intelligence. This product is sold directly through Ookla’s enterprise solutions. This person will work directly with our customers providing support as they use our products and services.
- Manage an existing technical client base to renew and upsell and prospect for new customers
- Work as part of a team to quote, work through legal contracts and deliver.
- Serve as primary PoC for troubleshooting, demos, training, solution requests and sales support
- Train and educate clients, prospects and sales team via web conference, email, in- person meetings or phone
- Respond to incoming requests regarding product questions
- Improve work flows and documentation for sales process
- Handle post-sale support
- Creatively collaborate with product and marketing teams to build value propositions and go-to-market plans for new products and upgrades
- Represent the company at industry trade shows and events, in addition to customer meetings on site.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
- 2+ years previous B2B sales and/or account management experience and a proven track record of successfully working with customers and bias for action.
- Strong desire to directly enable customer success
- Creative and innovative, willing to experiment with a variety of approaches and tactics
- Experience using sales tools including but not limited to Salesforce
- Familiarity with internet, cellular and broadband technology and infrastructure
- Self-motivated with a track record of appropriate urgency and follow-through, high energy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both clients and internal audiences, able to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel minimally to meet and connect with existing clients, trade shows, and to attend Ookla corporate and team functions
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see/understand the big picture
- Entrepreneurial positive attitude and desire to work as a team, willing to wear multiple hats as needed to get the job done at one of the best work cultures in the industry.
- Desire and aptitude to learn and grow
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of GIS and/or Telecommunications (particularly wireless technologies like LTE)
- Experience with data analytics, including applications like Tableau and advanced Excel functions. SQL skills are a plus
- Experience with RAN/RF is a nice to have, but not all products deal with it
- Global business experience, with special focus on supporting the needs of an international customer base
- Technical Program or Project Management experience
- Multilingual applicants a plus
- Knowledge and expertise with Ookla’s product offerings, including our licensing, data, and awards, or experience with similar technology-based product offerings
Ookla prides themselves on company perks and benefits, both practical and unconventional. We offer top-of-market compensation, flexible schedules, transit passes, on- and off-site happy hours, team activities, provided lunch on Wednesdays and consistently stocked snacks in the office. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes 401(k) matching, paid vacation and sick time, personal days, ESPP options, health/dental insurance coverage and a stand-out parental leave. We also provide the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work.
Location: This role will be based out of our Memphis office. We provide excellent workplace flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. Occasional visits to our Seattle, USA headquarters will be expected.