Technical Account Manager, Dublin
Ookla, company behind Speedtest, is a small team of passionate individuals who have turned a clever idea into a thriving business, and have gained invaluable insight into the state of the Internet on a truly global scale. Every day, over 5 million people use our services to check their broadband and mobile data performance. This generates an incredible amount of data that ISPs, Carriers and Governments rely on to make business critical decisions. If you are looking to join a small, nimble company, with global reach that is recognized as the industry benchmark worldwide, then Ookla might be the company for you.
We are looking for an innovative, hands-on, customer-focused Account Manager to work directly with our highest valued customers, providing support as they use our products and services. As an Account Manager, you will partner with sales and other internal teams to ensure all customer needs are met. You will need to be exceptionally flexible and have a demonstrated ability to solve a wide range of complex technical and business challenges.
The ideal candidate will possess an uncanny ability to multi-task and independently prioritize their time to maximize business and customer benefit. They will be able to interact effectively across a wide range of functional roles and problem spaces, and will possess tremendous attention to detail. They will be able to work in an extremely fast paced, highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non technical groups across multiple geographies, and be able to develop strong customer relationships.
If you consider yourself to be a strong technologist that is motived by opportunities to solve unique and challenging problems, if you have a strong desire to directly enable customer success, and if you want to work for a rapidly growing company that needs leaders instead of followers, this might be the place for you.
In the Account Manager role, your broad responsibilities will include:
- 5 - 10 years of enterprise-level, technology-related support or account management experience
- Exceptional customer focus and bias for action
- Experience supporting nascent products/services into new markets is strongly desired
- Adept at establishing and developing relationships across customer organizations
- Strong technical problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience with data analytics, including applications like Tableau and advanced Excel functions. SQL skills are a plus
- Experience visualizing big data to demonstrate value and quality to customers
- Familiarity with internet, cellular and broadband technology and infrastructure
- Self-motivated with a track record of appropriate urgency and follow-through
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with both clients and internal audiences, able to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge and expertise with Ookla’s product offerings, including our licensing, data, and awards, or experience with similar technology-based product offerings
- Ability to travel regularly to meet and connect with existing clients, and to attend Ookla corporate and team functions
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see/understand the big picture
- Global business experience a plus, with special focus on supporting the needs of an international customer base
- Technical Program or Project Management experience a plus
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent, Master’s degree or international business education a plus
- Multilingual applicants a plus
- Must have permission to work within the EU
Ookla has great benefits including competitive compensation. We also provide the best hardware, software, and tools available for you to do your work.