Sales Director, Asia Pacific
Ookla, company behind Speedtest is a small team of passionate individuals who have turned a clever idea into a thriving business, and have gained invaluable insight into the state of the Internet on a truly global scale. Every day, over millions of people use our services to check their broadband and mobile data performance. This generates an incredible amount of data that ISPs, Carriers and Governments rely on to make business critical decisions. If you are looking to join a small, nimble company, with global reach that is recognized as the industry benchmark worldwide, then Ookla might be the company for you.
We are seeking to hire an Sales Director for our APAC region that will focus on data-related sales opportunities. In this role, you will be an individual contributor and your broad responsibilities will include developing and managing a growing book of business across APAC. You will drive business and technical relationships, close business at a rapid rate by helping to define and identify key opportunities, markets, contract vehicles and solutions. You will establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer’s mission and the environment. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in technical sales, they will possess a business background that enables them to drive customer engagement at the executive level, and they will have a technical background that enables them to easily communicate the details of our product offerings while interacting with the technical contacts of our customers.
- Drive revenue and market share in the APAC region
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around Ookla data services
- Accelerate customer adoption
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Facilitate contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Moderate travel for in person client meetings
- Drive product innovation through thorough understanding and representation of customer and industry trends/needs to ensure Ookla continues to provide a powerful and differentiated value proposition
- 5 -10 years of enterprise-level technology-related sales or business development experience
- Experience selling nascent products/services into new markets is strongly desired.
- Familiarity with internet, cellular and broadband technology and infrastructure.
- Self-motivated with a track record of appropriate urgency and follow-through
- Demonstrated success in exceeding sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach is required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with both clients and internal audiences, able to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge and expertise with Ookla’s product offerings, including our licensing, data, awards and advertising products, or experience with similar products.
- Ability to travel regularly to meet and connect with prospective clients, existing clients, and to attend Ookla corporate and team functions
- Global business experience a plus, with special focus on defining and growing new market
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent, Masters degree or international business education a plus.
- Multilingual applicants a plus
Ookla has great benefits including competitive compensation. We also provide the best hardware, software, and tools available for you to do your work.