Ad Ops Specialist
Ookla (company behind Speedtest) is looking for a smart, motivated, and fast-learning individual to join our business intelligence and ad operations team. Millions of people use our speedtest website and apps every day and rely on us to help keep their ISP and mobile networks honest. With all that usage comes countless ways to dissect and analyze our data, and plenty of exciting opportunities to optimize our monetization strategy.
For this position, digital advertising experience is a must, with proficiency in Google’s DFP a huge plus. + experience with programmatic advertising and header bidding preferred.
As our ad ops specialist, you’ll be responsible for pulling together data from various sources, running and reporting on experiments, fielding advertising inquiries and much more (Setting up ad campaigns in our ad server, forecasting inventory availability for clients, forecasting ad revenue for management). You’ll work alongside other members of our intelligence team collaboratively, and report to our ad operations manager. Further, many of Ookla’s employees proudly wear many hats, so responsibilities evolve over time as business needs dictate.
Ookla is a small growing team of passionate individuals who have turned a clever idea into a thriving business, and have gained an invaluable insight into the state of the Internet on a truly global scale.
- Assist in gathering and logging critical advertising data from various portals
- Work closely and report to Ad Ops manager
- Assist in providing impression availability forecasts for potential direct advertising deals
- Field advertiser inquiries, communicate with potential vendors, and manage new vendor testing.
- Work with legal on agreements for onboarding new vendors.
- Tune campaign delivery parameters to maximize revenue performance
- Review key metrics daily and investigate any potential problems
- Assist in monthly advertising invoicing and reconciliation.
- Forecasting quarterly revenue for management.
- Various one-off tasks as needed
- Fill in for other roles within the company as needed
- Proficiency with Google’s DFP, Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel
- Experience with advertising industry metrics
- Knowledge of the programmatic advertising landscape a plus.
- SQL experience a plus
- Working with Charles or other debugging tools a plus.
- Numbers-oriented. Ability to detect outliers and anomalies and problem solve for these occurrences.
- Good understanding of broadband networks and technologies
Ookla has great benefits including competitive compensation, medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family, a generous vacation and holiday plan, stand out maternity/paternity leave and more. We also provide the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work