iOS/macOS Software Engineer
Ookla, the company behind Speedtest, is a hard-working, fun-loving team of passionate individuals who have turned a clever idea into a unique product and thriving business. Globally, millions of tests are performed every day across the Speedtest ecosystem on the web, desktop and mobile apps - even on embedded routers!
We are looking for a highly capable software engineer to join our Apple platform team. You will be responsible for building features that deliver meaningful and accurate results conveyed with a cutting edge user experience.
You have built and published an iOS or macOS app. You know your way around UIKit, understand the importance of asynchronous execution and get excited about the development of Swift. You want to make a better Internet for everyone. You already use Ookla’s tools to check your broadband or mobile data performance, now you have a chance to be a part of the team that produces them.
- Develop and maintain features of our iOS and macOS applications on a variety of form factors (mobile, tablets, TVs). This includes design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment, develop support and maintenance
- Solve for reliability, scale and flexibility, all the while implementing a visually rich and slick user experience
- Integrate analytics to ensure optimal performance of deployed code
- Collaborate on architecture, technology choices, and interactions with other core components such as shared libraries, backend APIs or our distributed server network
- 3+ years of professional iOS or macOS development experience, including experience with the application submission and review process
- Expertise in Objective-C or Swift, with a solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Deep understanding of Cocoa Touch, Quartz 2D, GCD, ARC, CoreData, Auto Layout and CFNetwork
- Experience writing unit, integration, stress and load tests.
- Proficiency with collaborative development workflows (branches, PRs) and continuous integration practices
- Strong time management skills and a self driven work ethic
- Experience with Objective-C++/C++ or Android development
- Contributed to Open Source projects
Ookla has great benefits including competitive compensation, medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family, a generous vacation and holiday plan, stand out maternity/paternity leave and more. We also provide the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work.