Business Intelligence Analyst| Dublin, Ireland
Ookla, the company behind Speedtest, is a team of passionate individuals who have turned a clever idea into a thriving business, and have gained invaluable insight into the state of the Internet on a truly global scale. Every day, millions of people use our services to check their broadband and mobile data performance. This generates an incredible amount of data that ISPs, Mobile Carriers, Device Manufacturers and industry groups rely on to make critical decisions. If you are looking to join a small, nimble company with global reach that is recognized as the industry benchmark worldwide, then Ookla might be the company for you.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Sales and Account Management team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to dig into the tens of millions Speedtest-related results that are collected every day to develop new and interesting data stories that will be shared internally and with clients. You will work with Sales Directors and Technical Account Managers to find creative ways to show how Ookla data can be leveraged by clients to solve real-world problems. This is a new role within Ookla, and you will have the opportunity to help define it. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of organizing, compiling, and analyzing data, to tell stories both internally and externally. They will be able to work in an extremely fast paced, highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people.
- Partner with the sales team using customer centric data analysis, data visualization, segmentation and predictive modeling methods
- Research and build reporting and empowerment tools that tell a story to maximize business opportunities with potential and existing customers
- Support day-to-day ad-hoc analysis from the Sales and Account Management team, providing prompt and efficient resolution to a wide range of business questions
- Help define and implement a suite of common reports and data views that answer frequent client requests
- Collaborate with the Data Engineering team to improve and define processes that promote data integrity and reporting functionality
- 3-4 years experience as an analyst or BI professional
- Expertise in SQL (must be able to write your own queries)
- Expertise in Excel and or Tableau
- Experience working with client-facing teams
- Excellent written communication skills with an ability to write credible and persuasive pieces
- Ability to operate autonomously in an ambiguous environment
- Self-motivated with a track record of appropriate urgency and follow-through
- Strong technical knowledge of mobile networks, how they work, and what the key considerations are in building, optimizing and testing them for mobile operators.
- Familiarity with internet and mobile technologies a plus
- Knowledge of R, Python or similar a plus
- Salesforce experience a plus
Ookla has great benefits including competitive compensation. We also provide the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work.
Location: This role will be based out of our wonderful Dublin office, conveniently located in the City Center. We provide excellent workplace flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. Occasional visits to our Seattle, USA headquarters will be expected.