Technical Program Manager
We’re Ookla, the team behind Speedtest. We’re passionate about making the internet better and faster for everyone through free internet performance testing. We believe the more information people have about their internet performance, the better they can advocate for speed and service improvements. Every day, millions of people use our services to check their broadband and mobile data performance. This generates an incredible amount of data that ISPs, Mobile Carriers, and Governments rely on to make business critical decisions. We license this data through Speedtest Intelligence, a business intelligence product consisting of raw and aggregated data.
We are looking for an independent, hands-on, Technical Program Manager to help us manage the raw data related our Speedtest Intelligence product. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining the information found in our various extracts with the raw data product and making adjustments based on customer feedback, coordinating with the Software and Data Engineering teams to ensure that they are collecting and providing the right data, working with our Data Taskforce to shepard data initiatives forward, and improve documentation and processes for internal and external audiences.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will need to be exceptionally flexible and have a demonstrated ability to solve complex technical and business challenges. The ideal candidate will possess an uncanny ability to multi-task and independently prioritize their time to maximize business and customer benefit. They will be able to interact effectively across a wide range of functional roles and problem spaces, and will possess tremendous attention to detail. They will be able to work in an extremely fast paced, highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people across multiple geographies.
- Work with Sales and Support, Data Engineering and Product teams to ensure that improvements to the data product are captured and implemented
- Manage the process for collecting feedback related to the raw data product improvements, including capturing new product requirements and coordinating with the Consumer Application team to implement updates
- Coordinate with Data Engineering team on raw data product changes and updates
- Manage all client-facing documentation related to raw data product
- Manage internal and external communication regarding raw data product and progress of data improvements
- Manage the process for collecting and implementing application and data delivery changes
- Identify and coordinate tasks within an internal data taskforce group, including ongoing data improvement projects for the company
- Coordinate with other members of the Speedtest Intelligence team to ensure new and updated data elements are incorporated into business intelligence tool product planning
- Triage and respond to data requests and data questions about the Speedtest Intelligence product
- Project management related to database admin interface improvements
- Other special or small projects as needed
- Previous program management or product management experience; especially experience with technology products
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with a data visualization and analysis tool, like Tableau, a plus
- Experience with Jira or other development/project management software a plus
Ookla has great benefits including competitive compensation, medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family, a generous vacation and holiday plan, stand out maternity/paternity leave and more. We also provide the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work