C/C++ Software Engineer
Ookla, the company behind Speedtest, is a hard-working, fun-loving team of passionate individuals who have turned a clever idea into a unique product and thriving business. Globally, millions of tests are performed every day across the Speedtest ecosystem on the web, desktop and mobile apps - even on embedded routers!
We are looking for a highly capable software engineer to join our SDK team and contribute to the core libraries that power every Speedtest client. You will be responsible for building features in C++ that conduct a wide variety of network measurements, while finding the right balance between platform specific code and shared libraries.
You love to code. You want to make a better Internet for everyone. You already use Ookla’s tools to check your broadband or mobile data performance, now you have a chance to be a part of the team that produces them.
- Develop and maintain the core C++ libraries that provide testing functionality to all of our applications. This includes design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment, develop support and maintenance.
- Solve for reliability, flexibility, portability, and code reuse.
- Integrate analytics to ensure optimal performance of deployed code.
- Collaborate on architecture, technology choices, and interactions with other core components such as front end code, backend APIs or our distributed server network.
- 4+ years of software development experience, with a solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Expertise with C and C++11 including additional libraries such as Poco, Boost or MFC.
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals (IP, TCP/UDP, HTTP/S, WebSocket).
- Experience writing unit, integration, load and stress tests.
- Proficiency with collaborative development workflows (branches, PRs) and continuous integration practices.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong time management skills and a self driven work ethic.
- Embedded development, with toolchains and cross compilation
- Familiarity with UI design patterns (reactive programming, mobile frameworks)
- Contributed to Open Source projects.
Ookla has great benefits including competitive compensation, medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family, a generous vacation and holiday plan, stand out maternity/paternity leave and more. We also provide the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work.