IT Operations Lead
Ookla, the company behind Speedtest, is a hard-working, fun-loving team of passionate individuals who have turned a clever idea into a unique product and thriving business. Globally, millions of tests are performed every day across the Speedtest ecosystem on the web, desktop, and mobile apps - even on embedded routers!
We are obsessed with performance - after all, we test the fastest networks in the world! We’re looking for an engineering leader to coordinate with our global offices to provide excellent IT support for our rapidly growing team. You’ll also implement scalable IT processes to ensure every team member always has the best tools available to them.
Security is the first thing you focus on when starting a new IT project, and you constantly stay on the frontline of new advancements in the field. You are also comfortable communicating with and supporting a globally distributed team and growing strong relationships in-person and over virtual mediums.
- Provide guidance and oversight to remote IT engineers in remote offices
- Support the technology needs of our global staff including macOS, Linux, and Windows workstations as well as BYOD iOS and Android devices
- Maintain and improve our modern, cloud-based (e.g. G Suite, Slack, SSO) IT stack
- Manage our office networks, provision and lifecycle equipment, automate deployments of patches and security updates, etc
- Work closely with our engineering team to align IT strategy with production systems
- Maintain the security of our network and end-user machines with antivirus software, full disk encryption, firewalls, WAFs, and other tools
- Build out and maintain test lab equipment for our software & test engineering teams
- Team leadership or project management experience
- Strong networking fundamentals, experience with scaling high-performance Ethernet, Wifi networks, and VPNs
- Focus on implementing infosec best practices
- Experience scripting and automating IT workflows (bash, powershell, python, ruby, etc.)
- Experience with industry-standard MDM tools like Jamf, Meraki, or similar
- A self-starter attitude and a constant desire to learn and improve
- Strong time management skills and a self-driven work ethic
- Interpersonal skills - we are a close-knit team at Ookla, and you will work with all team members
- Comfort managing vendor relationships, contracts, and budgets
- Most importantly, you must ensure 100% uptime for the office Sonos network
- Technical certifications (CCENT, Network+, etc.)
- Experience with leading cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience managing complex conference room AV solutions
Ookla has great benefits including competitive compensation, medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family, a generous vacation and holiday plan, stand out maternity/paternity leave and more. We also provide the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work.